Monday, October 29, 2007

A Hooker

So what are you going to dress-up as this Halloween? Cat woman? Wonder Woman? Britney Spears? A witch? I've always wondered if there are connections between our mind and what we choose to dress up as for costume parties. A witch for example would symbolize our inner wickedness that has to be suppressed for social purposes. Our fascination of other people's lifestyle leads us to want to look like them. Or our subconscious desire to be famous would cause us to dress like one who is famous. A sexy cat just says, "I am sexy," and "I'm feisty...meow."

But a hooker?!

Okay, I understand men dressing up as hookers. They love women, and perhaps fantasize of one every 5 minutes. It doesn't matter really with whom, as long as she looks attractive to him. But what about women? What woman thinks about being a prostitute? I mean no offense to prostitutes, I just don't see anything attractive about their lifestyle. I can't imagine one who is happy with her situation.

So if you could be anyone you want to be for halloween, why be a prostitute? If you just want an excuse to be sexy, then dress as one who is more respectable in society. Dress as one who has a higher rank in the fantasy world. Be a bunny. I'm yet to see one dressed-up as a bunny who is not sexy. What about princess Jasmine? She shows her belly and legs. There are plenty other personas you can take on to represent your inner psyche.

Please do yourself a favour, just don't dress-up as a prostitute.

No comments: