Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Asian Grump

First of all, I am not Asian. But as we, Pacific Islanders, are deemed to be Asians anyway, out of ignorance, I will, for today, consider myself an Asian-American.

Now, as an Asian-American, thus holding the right to associate myself with the Asians, I have the right to criticize my own race. Much like how only blacks can criticize their own race otherwise anyone else, unless he/she is partly black and looks a slight resemblance of being black, would be called a racist, I can, without being called a racist, assess some of my Asian counterparts.

To be clear, when I say Asians, I mean those who very much associate themselves more to their home country's culture, or nationality, than to the American culture. In other words, I speak of the FOBs.

Dear Asians,

Why are you so grumpy when you come across another person but your fellow countrymen? Is it so expensive to give a nod, or is it too difficult just as to smile ever so slightly? Is it against your moral value or culture to acknowledge the presence of another person? Does it give you satisfaction to stare?

Granted, some of you might have had a bad day, and we are all entitled to a bad day, but no one has a bad day everyday.

Okay, so some of you might be shy or a bit intimadated. So look the other way or don't look at all?

Sincerely,

Your not so Asian neighbor.

No comments: